Watch me whip up a veggie pizza using a crust made from zucchini. It’s the ultimate veggie pizza! Please like, comment, subscribe, and enjoy.
Follow me on:
Zucchini Pizza Crust (I halved it for this video)
3 cups (670 grams) shredded, salted, and drained zucchini
6 Tablespoons (48 grams) of all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 tsps (5 grams) of salt
1. Shred zucchini, salt, and let sit about 30 mins in a fine mesh strainer, or sieve.
2. After the 30+ mins, put the zucchini in cheese cloth, clean kitchen towel, or even just hands, and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
3. Transfer zucchini to a mixing bowl and add in the flour and eggs. Mix together until well combined.
4. Transfer this mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread thinly and evenly, making sure there are no holes.
5. Bake in a preheated 475 F oven (245 C) for 10-20 mins. Check every 5 mins to make sure it is not burning around the edges or bottom.
6. Remove crust from oven and top like a normal pizza.
7. Place this back in the 475 F (245 C) oven until the toppings are melted, bubbling, and golden brown. This usually takes about 10-15 mins.
8. Slice and enjoy.
*Tip: the more toppings used, the more likely you’ll be eating your pizza with a fork. Also, the more moisture given ingredients (extra zucchini, lots of mushrooms, artichokes, lots of sauce, etc.) the more likely your pizza will be sort of wet. It still tastes great, it just doesn’t hold up like “normal” pizza.