for 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup cashew
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head broccoli, florets roasted or steamed
- In a small bowl, soak the cashews in water for 1 hour.
- In a large soup pot, add the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, garlic, and salt, and stir. Add 2 cups (480 ml) of vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set the soup aside and rinse out blender. Add remaining vegetable broth, cashews, nutritional yeast, paprika, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Combine the cashew mixture and “cheese” mixture in the soup pan and stir.
- Add the broccoli and stir to combine.