Avocado Toast on Sourdough bread with Chickpeas & Tahini
- 2 thin slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted sourdough, and top with the remaining ingredients.
Loaded Sweet Potato Arugula & Herb Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, stems removed
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup roasted sweet potatoes
- ½ cup cooked farro
- ½ cup cooked black lentils
- 2 tablespoons dressing (recipe below) + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds or other seeds or nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Place the arugula, herbs, sweet potatoes, farro, and lentils in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies, and toss until everything is coated. Season with more dressing or salt to taste.
- Serve topped with pumpkin seeds.
- note: to make the dressing combine the oil, grapefruite juice, pomegranate molasses, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and paprika in a jar with lid or a small bowl and shake or whisk to combine.
Classic Red Beans & Rice